Wednesday, 29 July 2026

Flying high

 Most of the time i like taking photos of wildlife, landscapes or gardens. Having joined a local photographic club, Amersham, I thought I ought to expand my oeuvre. So, after the terns at Cemlyn whne the wind was blowing and the sky was blue I thought a trip to Rhosneigr might yield some interesting results. This is a flat, wide bay which is very popular with wind- and kite-surfers and you see lots of photos of them looking very active and daring. However, by the time we moved only about 10 miles as the chough flies the weather had dramatically changed. The wind was still strong but a sea-fret had moved in and the visibility was tricky going on poor. Still, I headed off to the beach to give it a go! With the visibility so poor I've had to do loads of post-processing in lightroom but it still should give you a flavour of the scene.



With the strong wind there were kite-surfers flying up into the air and what used to be wind-surfers carving the waves. All the boards now though have hydro-foils attached making them fly across the waves rather than bounce through them.

I think most of the people out there were quite good as I very rarely saw anyone wiped-out despite them coming quite close to each at times.



Although it was very challenging I was quite pleased with some of the results, although I doubt any will see the light of day in competition at Amersham. I'll be going to Portland soon where they do the same stuff and hopefully the weather will be kinder.


No comments:

Post a Comment